India a sovereign, socialist, secular, democratic republic. It has a parliamentary form of Government. The constitution of India was adopted by the constituent assembly on 26 November 1949. However it came into force on 26 January 1950.
SALIENT FEATURES OF CONSTITUTION OF INDIA
1. The constitution of India is both rigid and flexible.
2. It is the longest constitution in the world.
3. It proclaims that the people of sovereign.
4. It has adopted parliamentary form of Government.
5. It is a unitary in spirit but federal in form.
6. It establishes independent judiciary compromising provision for judicial review.
7. It incorporates directive principle of State policy.
FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS OF CONSTITUTION OF INDIA
The constitution of India guarantees the following fundamental rights to all citizens.
1. The right of equality before law.you provide equal opportunities to the people belonging to different religions or place of birth. It also provides discrimination of any sort in the matter of sec education or jobs.
2.The right to freedom of speech and expression. The citizen of India have right to practice any profession occupation their freedom of association and movement.
3.The right against exploitation. It provides practice of force labour child labour and traffic in human beings.
4. The right of freedom to follow the faith and religion of one’s own choice.
5.The right of freedom to minorities to conserve their culture language or script and also established the educational institution of their choice.
6.The right to constitutional remedies for enforcement of fundamental rights.
The constitution of India enjoys certain fundamental duties of a citizen. They must abide by the constitution and different their country. They must render national service in the hour of need. They must promote the spirit of brotherhood among all the people of India dance all the sectors religion and linguistic and regional diversities.
PARLIAMENTARY FORM OF GOVERNMENT
India follows the parliamentary system of government. The actual power is in the Prime Minister who heads the cabinet which is collectively responsible to the lok sabha. The president is the head of the executive at the centre. The real power in the state is vested in the council of minister, headed by the chief Minister the council of Minister is accountable to the legislative assembly. The governor is the head of the executive in the state.
The cabinet of ministers at the centre taken all the decision in the name of president. It continue in the office as long as it enjoy the confidence of the majority of the member of the lok sabha.
The electric principle of State policy aims at securing social justice and minimising inequality among individuals and groups. They are not justifiable. They are a sort of ideas for running the administration. They are helpful in taking the countries to the goal of peace progress and prosperity.
The constitution of India provides for a single citizenship example the citizenship of India. The principle of one citizen one vote is in fashion without any discrimination of caste creed community religion language sex Etc.
So this post was all about constitution of India. Hope you like constitution of India. If you want you constitution of India PDF you can comment below .Also if you want constitution of India in hindi explained, we can share with you .